Location: Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Title: Director, Business Development (Post Approval Services)
The Director of Business Development has senior level responsibility for client strategy, satisfaction and retention. Key elements to successfully managing an assigned territory are building a strong sales pipeline, advancing sales opportunities and growing relationships with selected accounts.
Identifies new clients and services existing clients by generating new leads and prospects through prospecting, conducting initial research and phone contact
- Prospecting qualified sales leads from other sources including inside sales, trade show, etc.
- Leading new business development efforts Managing corporate meetings and exhibitions
- Representing the company.
DEVELOPES & SECURES BUSINESS BY..
- Generating Request for Proposals (RFPs) based on new and existing clients
- Writing business and technical proposals
- Negotiating client contracts
- Closing deals profitably
MAINTAINS RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLIENTS BY..
- Providing support, information and guidance
- Recommending new opportunities
- Recommending profit and service improvements
MAINTAINS QUALITY SERVICE & DEPARTMENTAL STANDARDS BY..
- Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
Contributes to team effort by
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization
- Helping others to achieve results
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of Business development experience in CRO industry is required. Experience in Post Approval Research segment is highly desirable.
- Operations experience in clinical trials preferred
- Thorough knowledge of cosmetic clinical trials industry, terminology and practices
- Proven ability in presenting and negotiating
ADDITIONAL SKILL SET
- Ability to work independently or in team setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude